Osteopathy, a natural and original technique
This is the official definition used by “Ostéopathes de France”, the most represented association in France.
Important note: in Canada as well as in the United States, the term “osteopath” is replaced with “Osteopathic Manual Practitioner” (OMP) for legal purposes.
Osteopathy is a treatment method used to test and correct the restrictions of mobility affecting all the systems of the human body.
Any loss of mobility of joints, muscles, ligaments or visceral organs can produce an imbalance of the state of health. Osteopathy is based on the ability of the human body to self balance and a perfect knowledge of human anatomy.
Osteopathy is based on three original concepts:
- The hand, tool of analysis and treatment
- Awareness of the globality of the individual
- The principal of tissues balance
It needs specific skills, a profound knowledge of the body functions and the connections between each system.
It prevents and treats many physical issues and acts on the neurological levels, functional and psychological alike. It helps everyone to manage, responsibly and autonomously, their “life capital” for a better daily well feeling.
To find the cause of the symptoms using the specific “osteopathic diagnostic”
After questioning the patient and a deep analysis of medical imaging and biological tests, the OMP will explain the recommendations and contraindications of his therapy.
Thank to specific palpation tests, the OMP explores the body looking for movement restrictions supposed to affect health. An OMP’s hands will look for, find and balance all the structures restricted in their mobility.
Osteopathy at any age.
Osteopathy chooses the most adapted technique and the most comfortable for each patient, depending on their age and morphology and the body area to adjust. They can treat newborns, toddlers, kids, adults and the elderly.
A treatment from head to toes
Osteopathy considers all the big systems in the body:
- The musculoskeletal system: sprains, tendinitis, lower back pains, spine issues, rib pain, neck, shoulder arthritis, joint pain, scoliosis, groin pain, tailbone pain, jaw pain.
- The neurological system: cervico-brachial neuralgia, rib muscles neuralgia, facial, Arnold nerve, cruralgia, sciatica.
- The cardiovascular system: leg vascular issues, veinal congestion, hemorrhoids, heart palpitation, chest pressure.
- The digestive system: bloating, hiatal hernia, gassiness, liver-gallbladder issues, colitis, constipation, organs dropping, digestion troubles, gastritis, acid reflux.
- The E.N.T. and pulmonary system: rhinitis, sinusitis, vertigo, tinnitus, headaches, migraines, bronchitis, asthma, bronchiolitis.
- The neurovegetative system: depression, anxiety, stress, sleeping issues, spasmophilia.
- Traumatology sequels: broken bones, sprains, falls, car accidents.
Prevention, a bet on health
Traumas, whether they are physical, emotional, old or with a lack of awareness, are able to produce painful consequences, as long-lasting as years later. The OMP brings awareness to an individual’s responsibility towards their proper health capital what they can follow-up with regular osteopathic treatments.
Original link: https://osteofrance.com/osteopathie/